Today was an exciting launch for the new Pressgram App. I have to admit, when I heard about the concept at WordCamp Atlanta this year, I didn’t quite get the hype. But, after using it today, I can clearly see the benefit and am excited to see how we’ll be integrating it into our own blogs and client sites.
Pressgram with Genesis
The integration with your WordPress blog is awesome but can create some unnecessary clutter. Thankfully, there is an option to clean up and organize how your images are shared on your site!
For example, here is a simple integration with your Genesis site:
- Download the iPhone App and start taking pics!
- When sharing your first photo, add your blog as a sharing option.
- Assign a category that you will use for all of your Pressgram photos (I’m using “Pressgram”! I know, very original…)
- Download the Pressgram plugin from the WordPress repository
- Once installed, visit the “Settings” -> “General” tab and select the category you chose in step 3
- Next, go to the “Appearance” -> “Widget” area and select the “Genesis – Featured Posts” widget and add it to the sidebar
- Select your category from step 3 and select to display the post content
That’s it! You can now share those awesome Pressgram shots without cluttering up your blog feed in Genesis.